Main Street Southern-Style
We look forward to visiting your restaurant. We would love to take pictures of your dining rooms and the facade of your building. We would like to interview your chef and photograph him and his creations. One of the first exports from the South was hickory nut oil made by Native Americans and used by European chefs for their haute cuisine. We wonder what Southern chefs are inspired by today.
1. When Americans take culinary tours to Provence in France or Umbria in Italy the chefs make a point of using local produce and wines. They take pride in their region and play up their creativity in using what is indigenous to the area and making something special out of it thereby inspiring visitors to come and experience it themselves and to learn from them. Please tell us about what in your region has inspired you and gone into creating the dishes you serve.
2. Is there someplace nearby (a vineyard, orchard, farm, etc.) that is so beautiful or bountiful that it has inspired you so that we should also visit?
3. Where did you learn your craft and by whom are you inspired? A modern chef? A culinary school? A relative and do you use those recipes?
4. Do you have a dish that you consider your specialty? Is there a label for your type of cooking?
5. Do you have a garden and may we photograph it?
To the Restaurant owner:
1. What inspired the name of your restaurant?
2. How did you come to choose the location? What is the history of the building? What makes it unique and special?
3. What are your goals for the restaurant?
4. If tourists wanted to make a culinary tour of the South, what makes your restaurant so special that it should be included on that tour?
|Wines and Vineyards||
1. What makes your vineyard special? Describe the vineyard and its location.
2. Describe your wines.
3. Where do you sell your wines?
4. Do you ship your wines?
5. Do you have other products that you sell from your vineyard?
6. Do you have any recipes you can share using your wines?
|Hunting and Fishing Camps, Lodges and Inns||
Folks from all over the world need to know about your business.
1. Where are you located?
2. What type of game or fish do you specialize in?
3. Are you a part of any special festival or event?
4. Describe your facility (boat, camp or lodge).
5. What makes that part of the world special? Historical sites nearby? Simply the beauty of the area?
6. Have you created some item that others might want to know about and you might like to sell through Southern-style?
7. Is your facility child friendly? If so, what activities might children enjoy there? Or is this mainly an adult sportsman's retreat?
|Artists and Artisans||We love to introduce the world to talented people. Let us know what you do. Send us pictures or the item you produce and let us take pictures for you. We sell your items for a 10% commission.|
|Food Condiments and Online Sales||Would you like for our Food Editor to create a dish using your special creation? Link with us and send us a sample.|
Invite one of our agents to be your guest and attend your sporting event so that we might interview participants and share the excitement of the event with our readers. Each venue has its own style from tailgating to attire. One can only describe something by having experienced it. We want to know about the participants, the food, the fans. We want to sell your memorabilia from sweatshirts to car tags through our website. Eventually fans from around the world who share your enthusiasm may want to book a tour through Southern-style to experience that sport for themselves. Of course, we will book with those who list with us.
|Southern-style Main Street|
|Architecture and Design|
|Children and New Mothers|
|Etiquette and Manners|
|Foods, Recipes and Confections|
|Inns and Lodges|
|Pottery, Glass and Ceramics|
Southern Spas, Health Facilities, and Beauty Products
|Travel and Destinations|
|Wines and Vineyards|
|Classified: Rental Properties, House Swaps, Camps, Private Schools, Listings in all the above categories|
|Submit Ghost Story|
|Add Store to Main Street|
|Invite Us to Visit and Review|
|Submit Social Occasion|